Hello?

I sent you a couple more messages to let you know I was still having trouble but never heard back. Then I tracked down an administrator and sent a note, but never heard back. Then, a couple of hours ago, I was idly tapping at controls when something seemed to go through. I have no idea what happened, either what kept me out or what finally let me in.

Oh crap!

I sent you a couple more messages to let you know I was still having trouble but never heard back. Then I tracked down an administrator and sent a note, but never heard back. Then, a couple of hours ago, I was idly tapping at controls when something seemed to go through. I have no idea what happened, either what kept me out or what finally let me in.

Oh crap!

LOL! I never got em! Thought the interweb ate ya! What are you running or planning to run HO, N, O, or just a collector? It's all good.

Oh crap!

Hi Beady welcome to the Modelrailroad forums. We have a pretty Good and knowledgeable group of members here, easy to get along with. If you don't mind me asking, who was the admin you tracked down? Anyway enjoy the forums, and keep in mind that the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. :)

cheers from Bluenose country
Willis

Sorry but I cannot see your posts.

And since I didn't see them I am NOT making these posts.

You are just hallucinating. :D

LOL! I never got em! Thought the interweb ate ya! What are you running or planning to run HO, N, O, or just a collector? It's all good.

First, before I forget, I gather you're in Michigan; I'm in Lansing.

N scale. At the moment I guess I'm a collector, but not much longer. Two years ago we moved from a 2800 square-foot house into this 1000 square-foot place, so the basement has been filled with our overflow. But now it's finally getting straightened out, and most of the basement will be mine. I have some fairly minor physical limitations that will nevertheless restrict me to mostly out-of-the-box and plug-and-play. Suits me, since I have virtually no interest in scenery, or the patience and skill set needed for real scenery.

The broad plan is to substitute multiple 6-ft folding tables for benchwork, covered by rolls of grass. For track I'll be relying on Atlas flex and Kato sectional. I have Kato single and double track in both ground and viaduct flavors, as well as several turnouts and crossovers. All told I have maybe 250 feet of track, plus bridges, piers, turnouts and other goodies, and in an emergency can fill in with Bachman. For scenery I've been collecting built up buildings, tape-down roadway, people and some trees, and a few kits I want to try.

For me, the first rule of displaying a collection is to never make anything permanent. My intention is to keep everything completely temporary, so I'll be able to rip the setup apart and reconfigure it, including the tabletop footprint, and have a new layout in hours.

I haven't gotten to my rolling stock, but I've been typing this with one finger on a Kindle with a spellchecker that keeps changing what I write into something completely different. I'll add more later.

Glad to finally be here.

Oh crap!

Sounds like you and NG are going to get on like a house on fire. Just don't burn your own down :p:rolleyes:

First, before I forget, I gather you're in Michigan; I'm in Lansing.

N scale. At the moment I guess I'm a collector, but not much longer. Two years ago we moved from a 2800 square-foot house into this 1000 square-foot place, so the basement has been filled with our overflow. But now it's finally getting straightened out, and most of the basement will be mine. I have some fairly minor physical limitations that will nevertheless restrict me to mostly out-of-the-box and plug-and-play. Suits me, since I have virtually no interest in scenery, or the patience and skill set needed for real scenery.

The broad plan is to substitute multiple 6-ft folding tables for benchwork, covered by rolls of grass. For track I'll be relying on Atlas flex and Kato sectional. I have Kato single and double track in both ground and viaduct flavors, as well as several turnouts and crossovers. All told I have maybe 250 feet of track, plus bridges, piers, turnouts and other goodies, and in an emergency can fill in with Bachman. For scenery I've been collecting built up buildings, tape-down roadway, people and some trees, and a few kits I want to try.

For me, the first rule of displaying a collection is to never make anything permanent. My intention is to keep everything completely temporary, so I'll be able to rip the setup apart and reconfigure it, including the tabletop footprint, and have a new layout in hours.

I haven't gotten to my rolling stock, but I've been typing this with one finger on a Kindle with a spellchecker that keeps changing what I write into something completely different. I'll add more later.

Glad to finally be here.

Oh crap!

SMALL PLANET syndrome strikes again!!! LOL! I'm a 'North sider' up here on Turner above 'Old Town'! WAS an 'East sider' for many years around Michigan and Clemens by the Green Door! You going to the train show at M.S.U. on the 15th?

Planning on it, although I doubt I'll be buying much. I've over - bought like crazy and have been considering getting a table at one of these shows to get rid of the excess.

I think we're about three miles apart. I'm just south of the airport.

Oh crap!

Back