Hello

KillerBigBoy4002

Steam King
I am new here and i am perhaps the biggest (if not the only) Steam freak in my high school.

Although I do have 2 diesels and 1 Electric, all the rest of my colletion of 12 HO scale engines are Steam.

My collection inludes a Santa Fe 4-6-2, A B&O American 4-4-0 class, And a Mis-Colored Union Pacific Big Boy, just to name a few.

My favorite Engine of all time is the True King of the Rails, The Union Pacific Big Boy! :D:cool:

Heelo and welcome to the board. I have always been a steam fan especially of the bigger types. However I am used to N&W A class & Y6b's and B&O EM-1's. But I also like the Berkshires which I think are my #1q fav and N&W J class. But my interests have shifted a little and I am looking into the Great Northern's 2-8-8-0's. The Big Boys are def in a class by themselves.

Welcome KBB, there are alot of steam wranglers here......so you'll feel right at home! I like the gear driven steamers used on logging railroads.

Mike

Now I would stick to running the model steam locomotives.......because honestly......it's hard to get parts for the real ones now-a-days.......dog gone it! :rolleyes:

Mike

Welcome to the Forums, Killer. Steam is a good addiction to have. The same thing that killed steam originally (maintenance costs) is one of the prime reasons keeping it from being run regularly on excursion trains.

I have visited: 1 Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range No. 604, And Nickel Pate No. 755. Both of these Engines have since become my friends.

I wish I could find models of both Engines.

I'm a steam fan like you. All my HO model locos are steam.

I've chased UPs 844 a couple of times when it passed through Oklahoma and I check out steamers in museums whenever I can.

It is too bad that none of the Big Boys are running. Then again I understand the cost of rebuilding and operating one of these giants.

I volunteer at a railway museum here and it has a small steamer - an 0-6-0T that will never run again. The museum is too small to afford to rebuild it. We can barely keep our 1950s diesels running.

Welcome to the forums.

Back