Hello

gravel

Long time model maker and have had something set up in ho from the time I was 6 when my grandfather helped me build my first layout. Truthfully I think I mostly watched him build my first layout.
I do have a few questions coming but still need to do a few searches first.

Thanks for having a forum where you can see the attachments before joining.

JAWS

Hello Gravel. Welcome aboard. I'm brand new here myself so i won't have many answers for a while. Lotsa questions though. Glad you're here. Allen

Hi, Gravel! I think you'll like it here............very friendly and informative. What RR do you model?

I think this is the best model RR forum on the web.

The layout it self was not based on a RR. I know from over the years what I wanted on my layout and went for it. I ended up going with 3 levels so I could run long trains, have large staging yards, and have a good amount of distance between towns. The self is a large oval with a coal mine on one side and a lumber mill on the other. The main table is E shaped with 2 larger towns and a small town with a large yard. My lower level is mostly hidden a fiddle yard with a fueling and maintenance shops still needs more work and more buildings. I have 3.5% grades between levels and 2% grades on each level.

Back