Hello my name is Justin

jabber1990

hello my name is Justin and I am "new" to model railroading

I say I am "new' because I have had an interest in model railroading from watching my uncle as a kid be obsessed with them. then I built a layout when I was 11 or 12 and it didn't' end well for either me or the layout. my mother found my old trains and now im back into the hobby kinda, its just hard to collect or build a layout at this point in my life, but I have a few ideas about what to do and I know roughly what I like!

sorry about the ramble

Hey Justin!

Welcome back to the world's greatest hobby!

You don't have to do anything special. An oval of track and a train is all you need. Some guys seldom even run their trains. You can just put one on the track, if it runs or not and go from there.

No need to be sorry, you found the perfect place to ramble. I do it almost everyday and nobody has criticized me for it. I think that is what this place is for. We share experiences and thoughts with other model railroaders.

This forum is full of all kinds of model railroaders with every level of skill represented. Any problem or question you have someone on here can provide a solution or the answer. All you need to do is post a new thread with your question and you will get a response more often then not.

I hope you find as much peace of mind and enjoyment in your trains as I have.

Welcome aboard!

Louis

Hey Justin!

you found the perfect place to ramble. I do it almost everyday and nobody has criticized me for it. I think that is what this place is for. We share experiences and thoughts with other model railroaders.

This forum is full of all kinds of model railroaders with every level of skill represented. Any problem or question you have someone on here can provide a solution or the answer. All you need to do is post a new thread with your question and you will get a response more often then not.

I hope you find as much peace of mind and enjoyment in your trains as I have.

Hi Justin--

Glad to have you aboard! Check out some of the old threads if you want to get some ideas. Like Loius said, you can do just about anything model railroad and will get help here!

We hope you have satisfaction and fun!

logandsawman

I grew up with the real railroads and did build a small layout until I went in the service. I was always interested in the hobby, even though there was no way to have a layout. Years later I started a small N scale layout and after moving to a house years later, I finally had plenty of room for a layout. Never lost interest, but things finally worked out. Your time will come.

Back