Hello from Alberta!

CN_111

Hey all,

I've been a railway employee in Canada for the past few years now, working in Alberta and BC. Started my first layout earlier this summer and I've had A LOT to learn in the process. Layout is about 16x12 walk-in style. I'll be modelling mostly CN and CP, but as with most hobbies, I'll add in a few different roadnames for some spice on the layout every once in a while. I look forward to learning from everyone on here!

Cheers,
JL

Welcome! I joined both the site and the hobby recently as well. And while I'm not from Alberta, my wife is, and so is my layout...

"But honey, I'm really just building this to make you less homesick!!" :D

Welcome to the forums, JL. I am in Comox on Vancouver Island. I have no rail history except as a pathological fan of late heavy steam in the USA. I am building a 11 X 20 layout, my third, in a finished loft above our detached garage.

You are sure to get lots of advice if you ask questions.

Welcome aboard JL!
I've been thru Jasper many times, with the railways and back when I was trucking.
Beautiful area there so we'll be expecting some pictures!

Hey JL - I started back into the hobby last year, after building a couple of layouts in my teens. I thought I had a room to start building a layout when my daughter moved out, but now all of the sudden it has turned into an exercise room! Oh well, while I am waiting for the other daughter to graduate and move out so I can take over her room I have started doing various kitbashing projects. Hard to believe I used to model N scale. Even with reading glasses now HO scale parts seem so damned small! At least it makes a good old Canadian winter go by faster, especially when there is no hockey! Good luck with your layout.

Thanks for all the "Welcome's" everyone. I look forward to showing some of my photos, and most of all learning from the rest of you!

Cheers,
JL

Back