Heavyweight Lighting Questions

Roodog

I've seen a kit online by Walthers for installing one, but know/can't find ziltch about it. Comes in a DC or DCC version, with bulbs. I have two Branchline Heavyweights that I'd love to put lights in, and there are no known light kits out there specific to them (I even emailed Branchline and asked if they knew of any). Could the above kit be made to fit?
Also, how would a DC version work on a DCC layout? A dim light I should think, the more cars you have. Could a DC or a DCC version be turned on/off?
Ideally I'd have LED, with some kind of on/off mechanism via DCC input or a magnetic switch. Seems I read abut something similar online but can't remember where.
Illuminate me, please :rolleyes:

I've got the walthers light kits for there cars,they clip in the body and have contacts for the wiring already in the cars they are dcc.does the branchline cars have power pickups on there trucks? or you could use the light kits from rapido with out to much problem cause they use little watch batteries with a on/off switch

I'd go for the Rapido lighting kits. No draw on your power pack, no flickering lights over switches or dirty track and they turn on and off with a wave of the magnetic wand.

Back