Have Table - Glue to Foam??

Ok, I have my base layout done (since I live in an apartment, It is a VERY small layout). I have the wood/base part done, and I also went out and purchased some of that pink foam stuff (from Dow and Corney or whatever lol).

With this small layout,im going to make some hills, etc. My quesiton is, what exactally do you use to connect the pink foam to the top of my table?

What brand/specific type of glue do I use? Also, is it ok if I glue two foam pieces on top of each other?

And finally, I noticed there was a small, thing layer of coating (like a plastic) on top of the foam, should this be removed? And should I paint the top of this before I even start with the rest of the layout, grass, etc? What type of paint?

Thanks!

Just buy some Adhesive Caulk, then, if you should ever decide to rebuild, you can remove the foam.

In addition to what Josh said adhesive caulk like is used to install plastic shower surrounds is best. Latex paint is best and sprinkle grass or ground cover right in it. Mismatched paint from the paint store is cheap. Layers is fine just glue them up and weight them down for a day. As far as the plastic to peel off, if it comes right off do it, if it is the kind that pulls the foam leave it. Hope this helps.

Liquid Nails for Projects, Acrylic, to attach foam to table. You can use it to glue pieces of foam together to make hills/mountains, or even another level.

Kennedy

Back