Havasupai Canyon bridge build

2869ral

Yesterday i was invited to the Flagstaff Model Rairoad Club Tuesday night operation. When i was there they showed me a new canyon they built "Havasupai Canyon with the Havasupai Falls" really nice looking scene. They showed me a plate girder bridge that runs over the canyon (of course this bridge doesnt really exhist over Havasupai Falls) its a bit of an eye sore. They asked me to build a bridge to replace this one. I have decided to build an arch bridge, i think its pleasing to the eyes. Here are a couple pics of Havasupai Falls and the plate girder bridge and the progress of building the new bridge. I hope you like it.

I still have several girders and cross beams to install, but this is what i have accomplished so far. I have about 5 hours into this so far. Deck is 39" long arch is 33" long 2 7/8" wide and 6 1/4" tall. Thanks RON

Attachments

• 20170118_185200.jpg
    20170118_185200.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 177
  • 20170117_200146.jpg
    20170117_200146.jpg
    746.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty amazing that you would tackle that as well as the bridge you are already building. It's a very nice scene that the bridge will span - reminds me of a portion of John Allen's layout with several bridges at various levels.

Will this bridge only have the arch, without the partial arches on either end, like the Canyon Diablo? I agree with Sherrel, the scene where the bridge is going, is very nice! I assume your bridge will replace the long Through Girder Bridge in the foreground. Could you become a professional model railroad bridge builder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, no end arches. This will replace the black plate girder bridge in the foreground. Im not sure about professional. LOL

So, how is this project coming? Haven't heard anythings since way back on January 19th, 2017!

Going slow, stolen truck had me preoccupied. Will be getting back on the project soon. I will post some more pics as i get going again. Thanks

Yes, they stole it from BNSF railroad parking lot. They used it in a burglary, an armed robbery at a gas station, and they tried scraping an ATM off the side of a building with it! When i found it, it was full of marajuana plants. The Sheriffs dept returned it a few days ago.

Back