hand rails

Lab Rat

19 and crazy
i am working on repairing a rivarossi 4-8-8-4 with the damage that has been sustained it looks like it was dropped (down a set of stairs). I bought a static model specifically for parts for this project but one thing the static model doesent have is brass handrails. i can easily get ahold of bras rods for the handrails but where can i get the little risers that the handrails are supported with.

i am working on repairing a rivarossi 4-8-8-4 with the damage that has been sustained it looks like it was dropped (down a set of stairs). I bought a static model specifically for parts for this project but one thing the static model doesent have is brass handrails. i can easily get ahold of bras rods for the handrails but where can i get the little risers that the handrails are supported with.

I have been looking for the same thing for my project.
Go to the Walthers website and type in "Stanchions".
You will get several different types to choose from.

ok lifting rings look like well i cant say. i am going to go with stanchions like it has. the ones on it have like a rod the turns into a sphere with a hole drilled sideways in it. and who cam up with the name stanchions how about something a little simpler like hand rail risers lol

What you guys want are called handrail stanchions. They are available from Bowser under the Cary line of brass detail parts.

Here is the catalog listing.

#13-117 - Dozen
#13-118 - 50 pk.
Handrail Stanchion
Turned Brass

I ordered several of the 117 about 3 months ago, and got them in a week.

Back