Guess I should say hey

Rain87

Hi,

To start from this beginning (like most I would guess) my bought my brother and I a started set when we were kids and we used to spend hours in the basement running the train around the track on the floor. My dad talked of helping us build a layout but we ending up moving and it never happened. Recently I have considered getting into model trains again. I will be slowly wading into the water, so to speak, I am a college student who will soon be graduating and getting married. I doubt my future wife will allow me to have much room for trains so I will be trying my hand at N gauge. I don't really know much at this point but I am excited about the prospect of DCC and will be doing a lot of research, reading on this site, and getting advice from Randy's Roundhouse here in Lincoln, NE. Thanks for all the support and advice I anticipate receiving as I begin this adventure!

Seth

Hello and welcome. Can't tell you much.about N scale, as I do HO and planning a L shape switching layout. At this point I'm sticking to DC as I will only have one or two locomotives to operate at a time. But there is a wealth of knowledge here, so feel free to ask anything. Enjoy and welcome.

Welcome to the forum. This hobby is a great way to spend your time.......and your money!:D You are wise to read as much as you can before you go out and buy a bunch of stuff. I hope you enjoy yourself.:)

Hi Seth and welcome to the forum,
It's great to hear your getting back into the MRR hobby, you definitely come to a great site with lots of other helpful MRR's.

As far as the intended lady you decide to settle down with, I would definitely hope she would allow you as much freedom to pursue your hobbies and interests as she expects from you to pursue hers! A one sided relationship, most of it give on your part, isn't good to allow for your growth & enjoyment. Both parties should help and allow each other to grow and learn as best possible and not stifle the other, within limits of course.

As far as scale a lot has to do with the space available so that one consideration but you also might want to consider the ease of viewing that HO has to offer or even HOn3. I'm in HO and my C&S West Short Line is based on an 1890's to about 1910 era theme.

Glad to have you here!

As far as the intended lady you decide to settle down with, I would definitely hope she would allow you as much freedom to pursue your hobbies and interests as she expects from you to pursue hers! A one sided relationship, most of it give on your part, isn't good to allow for your growth & enjoyment. Both parties should help and allow each other to grow and learn as best possible and not stifle the other, within limits of course.

Glad to have you here!

I didn't mean to make her sound like the bad guy she is very supportive we just won't have a whole room I could dedicate to a layout. I am looking into some L shaped layouts that would incorporate what I'd like to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seth, welcome aboard!! I built my ex-wife an N scale layout in a table with a glass top. She love that thing so much, she got it when we split!! LOL It's always an options for you.

Back