Greetings

HappyRock

My name is Traves, I'm almost 55 and getting back into HO scale model railroading

My family is from Gladstone Mi, an area from "the wrong side of the tracs" called moonshine valley

My Grandmother's house was the closest one to the mainline of the Gladstone Soo yard from the north on 2nd Ave north.

My plan is a 3'x16' layout with an extra 4th foot added on each end for a continuous looped train on my mainline...

Will be posting progress pix as I go, and anyone with info about the CN/Soo yard in Gladstone mi during the 60's to 80's, please let me know!

Traves

Welcome to the group Traves.

Sounds like you have a decent space to build a layout.

Have you decided on what industries you will include?

Welcome to the group Traves.

Sounds like you have a decent space to build a layout.

Have you decided on what industries you will include?

I plan on a semi-prototype of the gladstone yard, with a fictional town called "Shine Valley" ... logging, mining, and a small town layout

My name is Traves, I'm almost 55 and getting back into HO scale model railroading

My family is from Gladstone Mi, an area from "the wrong side of the tracs" called moonshine valley

My Grandmother's house was the closest one to the mainline of the Gladstone Soo yard from the north on 2nd Ave north.

My plan is a 3'x16' layout with an extra 4th foot added on each end for a continuous looped train on my mainline...

Will be posting progress pix as I go, and anyone with info about the CN/Soo yard in Gladstone mi during the 60's to 80's, please let me know!

Traves
Welcome Traves,

I like the Soo Line, I wish I had room to model their trains! I have been to their old depot in Superior Wisconsin and it is some wonderful architecture.

Dave LASM

Welcome Traves,

I like the Soo Line, I wish I had room to model their trains! I have been to their old depot in Superior Wisconsin and it is some wonderful architecture.

Dave LASM

Dave, pleased to meet you. Soo buildings are amazing, just like the Soo passenger service cars... each one a singular work of art...

Planning on the Soo Line historic society gathering in Michigan's UP this year? The gladstone yard is the focus...

I plan to swipe at least one bucket of yard sand (if the CN manager gives me permission) to use as yard ground lol

Dave, pleased to meet you. Soo buildings are amazing, just like the Soo passenger service cars... each one a singular work of art...

Planning on the Soo Line historic society gathering in Michigan's UP this year? The gladstone yard is the focus...

I plan to swipe at least one bucket of yard sand (if the CN manager gives me permission) to use as yard ground lol
That would be great but I will not have much free time this summer, I think. I haven't been to the UP for several years, it would be great to visit again. Let us know the dates or link the website?

Thanks, Dave LASM

Back