Greetings Peeps!

Stadawim

I wanted to get this out there so its more 'official'! Hello to all you fine mrailroaders out there. I'm just another like-minded individual in this community. Gotta get in here though, see if I can benefit from some experience and see if I have any to give. Been into this awhile, but only off and on. Need to step up my game!

To paraphrase, "If you're lookin' for trains, you've come to the right place". You can tell us your troubles if you have any. Welcome.

I wanted to get this out there so its more 'official'! Hello to all you fine mrailroaders out there. I'm just another like-minded individual in this community. Gotta get in here though, see if I can benefit from some experience and see if I have any to give. Been into this awhile, but only off and on. Need to step up my game!

LOL! You have come to the right place, these boys GOT game! I'm a total newb and they got me running like a champ!

Welcome to the forum Stadawim. Friendliest model railroading forum on the Internet. Where are you from and what is your modeling preferences? And the big question that is sure to come up, where's the pictures? LOL

Willie

Where from? Where i'm at now, Milwaukee, WI, USA. Being a military brat and former service member myself, i have in fact moved around a lot though. I've seen a fair share of our planet.

Modeling preferences? HO scale. You could say, 'born and raised'. My dad got me the Tyco Chattanooga Choo Choo for my 8th Christmas, tyco_chattanooga_train_set_7318_1981.jpgput it 'round the tree, and i was hooked. The famous r#638 0-8-0 with light and steam. Curiously, now that i've researched, i got an oddball one with the GP caboose instead of its' namesake. Now and forever it will be HO. 'Less i add S scale later. And i don't care what era, or how real or all that nonsense. What got me interested was a train pulling cars. So i get locos that pull cars. Whatever i like, i get. Although i do age them and the tracks.

Pix? Hmmm.... We shall see. I've got a small 'yard'. No layout as of yet, but have designed four using AnyRail's software. When it gets constructed it will be all industrial - none of that civilian living jazz. No houses, no businesses. Just fix em up, load em up, and roll em out!

Where from? Where i'm at now, Milwaukee, WI, USA. Being a military brat and former service member myself, i have in fact moved around a lot though. I've seen a fair share of our planet.

Modeling preferences? HO scale. You could say, 'born and raised'. My dad got me the Tyco Chattanooga Choo Choo for my 8th Christmas, View attachment 59390put it 'round the tree, and i was hooked. The famous r#638 0-8-0 with light and steam. Curiously, now that i've researched, i got an oddball one with the GP caboose instead of its' namesake. Now and forever it will be HO. 'Less i add S scale later. And i don't care what era, or how real or all that nonsense. What got me interested was a train pulling cars. So i get locos that pull cars. Whatever i like, i get. Although i do age them and the tracks.

Pix? Hmmm.... We shall see. I've got a small 'yard'. No layout as of yet, but have designed four using AnyRail's software. When it gets constructed it will be all industrial - none of that civilian living jazz. No houses, no businesses. Just fix em up, load em up, and roll em out!

My kind of people! I did the whirlwind Army tour in the late 80's! Airborne!

I'm also an HO "Ho" and "Freestyle"! No particular time or place or kind of train. Circus Trains to Bullet Trains and EVERYTHIING in between! Couple years ago I got the DCC bug and went off the chizain! Overran the basement and I'm just having fun!
WIN_20151123_074857.JPGThese guys on the forum were invaluable in every facet of this project. I had an expert carpenter helping me, between him, the advice and design features I picked up from layouts on here, I got EXACTLY what I wanted and then some! Really outstanding, though the word can be overused, it applies! This is an old shot but it gives you an idea of the YOOGE thing I'm dealing with. I'm still playing with the trains and mucking with the track pattern, not anywhere near ready for scenery.

Good to have another freestyler among these "purists"! I kid my Proto brethren, and "Rivet Counters" for being a bit "out there" sometimes, but their expertise is absolutely invaluable and they really drive this hobby, without them railing the manufacturers, we would be running KA-KA instead of awesome replicas!

VERY cool old set, when you get to building Post Pics! Heck, we don't mind as long as it's RR, right guys?
imagesBYN4OF1K.jpg

Back