Greetings one and all...

Gregg

Greetings to one and all 😀. I'm Gregg Thacker and I'm one of the new kids on the block. I've been a fan of model Railroading for many years. My experiences began when I built a layout back in the mid-sixties when I was 8n High School. Back then, they didn't have all the sophisticated "do-dads" they have now so since then and now, Model Railroading has come a LONG WAY 😀!

Over the years, I've attempted to "re-build" a few different layouts, but thats as far as it's gotten... attempted. Well... during the last few months of last year, the "bug" bit me once again. This time I am ressurecting the layout the I built in the mid 60's. The track and foam roadbed are glued to a 1/4" sheet of foam and the next step is ballasting the track and roadbed 😀. The nice thing about it is, since I'm retired, I can take my own sweet time in constructing it without having to worry about a timeline. I can REALLY enjoy it at last!! Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it back in the day, but I have gotten "wiser" over the years and have taken notes on how I want to do it this time that I wished that I had done back in the sixties. I will be using this forum as a resource full of helpful information. I'm glad to be aboard 😀...
Dispatchers Delight (HO).jpg

Hey guys....don't forgot about me, also a Greg.

But anyway, welcome Gregg to the Forum and I know you'll enjoy being a member.

The Third Greg

aka: Greg@mnrr

IMG_0347.JPG
An older Atlas crossing tower that has been modified to some degree and a LED for interior lighting. The tower is located in Waupaca on my CM&N Railroad.-Greg

Back