Greetings from somewhere in North America

Lionel fan

Enthusiast
Hi.

I've been collecting trains since before I was born.

As soon as my dad found out that my mother was pregnant, he ran out and bought the new Boston and Albany Hudson to be "my" engine. He grew up setting up the "yard" under the Christmas tree every year with postwar Lionels and Plasticville houses. So, naturally, we’ve carried on the tradition. My dad now has bought a Trainmaster Control locomotive for me and each of my two brothers to be our special engines. Every year, my parents get me and my brothers one (or two) Lionel train cars each for Christmas. Then, a couple years back, my dad bought a couple crates of pre- and postwar lionel trains with some tinplate buildings and track at an estate sale. I restored the 5 locomotives back to operating condition and those are what usually operate on our frequent carpet layouts.

So I love Lionel trains.

But over the years, I’ve run all scales of trains, from Z to G and even LEGO. I now have a (mostly) done 4x12 HO model railroad with a double mainline and scratch built turntable and control panel.

[FONT=&quot]I hope to continue my obsession with trains for a long time to come and I hope I can find this forum helpful in many ways.
[/FONT]

Cool story, I have a couple special pieces for similar reasons.
So 4X12 huh? Pictures, we need pictures!
By the way... welcome aboard!

Back