Got a new camera for model photos

QUOTE: "... Pelle Soeborg at MR, for instance, was to get one with at least 8 MP that would get at least F 22."

If you don't know the image chip area that is a kind of less meaningful number.

My Sony DSLR A55 could go to F36 which was at one time really great. But my little point and shoot cameras can beat the dickens out of that for depth of field and especially far less imaging noise shooting still shots or HD video in low light. I'm not sure what the equiv. F-stop improvement is but it is a palpable increase for sure. Back in the mid nineties a 30,000 Dollar pro video camera could not shoot low light shots as well as a tiny, cheap consumer camera can today. Even one in an I-phone or tablet.

Even consumer stuff today they has made amazing progress that hardly anyone has the knowledge to appreciate.
And it will do nothing but get better. We are finally approaching Kodachrome level quality, a moment in digital photography I've been waiting on for about a decade now.

Time for me to get a new point and shoot, methinks (or finally get my head around a decent smart phone)

Time for me to get a new point and shoot, methinks (or finally get my head around a decent smart phone)

My friend, the photographer, uses a Leica D-LUX compact for much of his work.
That is a lot of camera in a small package!

My friend, the photographer, uses a Leica D-LUX compact for much of his work.
That is a lot of camera in a small package!

Very, very nice, had a look at the reviews. I would have to keep my new year's resolution for one of them.

I've had a whole string of point and shoots, from Canon to Nikon, and I ultimately moved to DSLR because of the limitations of their zoom lenses, especially at the longer lengths. My last P/S was a Nikon P90, since then I've worked my way up the Canon line, I currently have the T5i, the 7D and a 5DMKII, the full frame being a point where image quality took a big leap, all my lenses really open up on the 5D.

Back