GE EF/P 3/4 or Brazilian V-8

otiscnj

The photos attached are of the GE EF/P 3/4(made for the NH in the 30's), or what in Brazil is known as a V-8 model. Its an HO model made by Fratchsi(spelling) in Brazil.

The paint scheme is from an earlier layout, which I may or may not use on my currently under construction Philly & Scranton. The alternative paint scheme would be like the Reading F units in black, instead of blue. The model version is dual motored. It has the same wheel arrangement as the GG-1.

Do you favor keeping the paint blue, or changing it to black?

I included a copy of the RDG black/green/yellow scheme on a Tyco GG-1 (what I call a CC-1) for comparison.

Attachments

• efp34.JPG
    efp34.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 255
  • rdg e34 frt.jpg
    rdg e34 frt.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 151
  • cc1rdg.jpg
    cc1rdg.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 245
I'll go for the blue, as black models disguise the details (bit of a contradiction really seeing I favor MRL which has black, top and bottom.

Toot,
Thanks for your comments. Another way to go would be black with some weathering. FWIW, I find the Readings F unit scheme very classy, and sticking with the black would be more in keeping the 'proto,' not the 'free' lancing.

Carl

Here's the start of another Reading CC-1(Tyco GG-1, from the 80's painted in a Reading scheme)paint job. Its only primer at this point, but when its done, will be similar in paint to the 1950's paint jobs of Reading GP-7s, RS3s, and AS16s.

Attachments

• cc1rdgreenpreletrng.JPG
    cc1rdgreenpreletrng.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 136

Back