GE Center Cabs

Goose4449

Ok I am in the planning stages of my Model Railroad which is going to be the Detroit Connecting Railroad. Those of you familiar with Detroit its a short terminal railroad started in 1998 that serves a few small industries on the old GTW Dequindre cut. Well back to my question they run a pair of GE center Cabs, one a 65 tonner and the other is an 80 tonner. Heres a link to Pictures on rrpicturearchives. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?id=DCON Now I was trying to find a starting point for them and it looks like the Bachmann 44 tonner will do fine with some mods. If I am wrong could someone recomend a better starting point or if there are actual models of these Locos out there. My searches have found nothing so far.

I think the 44 toner should be a good starting point, but someone might know of something else.

As someone that is working on a 65Tonner project, I can tell you your only point is the 44Tonner. They are only 1 door off, and you can get away with it.

The 70T and 95T are close also!

Bachmann makes them and they are now DCC'ed, so the decoder is in there. Or you can gut that and put in another type.

Back