"Furniture" for the F&CGR

Lady_Railfan

House Mother, Cheerleader
The Fern & Cycad Garden Railway remains a dream, but thanks to a rainy week, there's at least some progress being made. My kids gave me a farmhouse kit for my birthday last year, and this seemed like the perfect time to assemble it.

First, a plug for Piko kits. Their quality and precision are excellent. When they say "match Part A to Part B," those parts really DO match! Just to be on the safe side though, I dragged everything out of the box to be sure nothing was missing, dug out my tools, then browsed through the assembly guide. Now, on to Step 1, the front wall. (Picture 1)

Whew. OK. Step 1 went together OK. The confidence builds! (Picture 2)

Now onto the rest. Here are the other walls ready to be assembled. (Picture 3)

Once the walls were joined (no fretting about getting them exactly square ---the glue remains pliable enough to allow for minor adjustments), then it was time to gather the roof pieces. In the background of Picture 4, you can see the veranda, built separately, that will attach to the front of the house. (Picture 4)

Here you see two views of the completed project. They join the Grizzly Flats station that you see in my avatar, a smaller station that will serve the freight yard, and Frank's Diner, the coffee shop that my son-in-law built for me for Christmas. (Pictures 5 and 6)

Of course, now I need a water tower, and a barn, and a grocery store, and a .......... (not to mention a JOB to pay for all this stuff. :D

Hey Claudia, it looks great and the Fern & Cycad Garden Railway seems to be coming out of it's dream state. The kit looks nice and sturdy compared to some of the HO kits I've put together where I've had to heat the plastic to get the warps of them.
now I need a water tower, and a barn, and a grocery store, and a .......... (not to mention a JOB to pay for all this stuff. :D
Hmm! some hint's at the right time and place might help :)

Cheers Willis

Back