freewebs / webs ring invite

I always think anything we can do to raise the profile of the hobby is worthwhile.

Ive noticed like myself many modellers use Webs or what was Freewebs to host there websites.

Webs has a Group facility that allows similar websites to link to increase their views.

I have set up such a "ring" called Model Rail and would like to invite anyone with a freewebs site to join.

It doesnt cost, and unlike a forum once joined you dont have to participate so takes non of your time.

It simply adds a thin banner to the bottom of your homepage indicating you are a member of "Model Rail" ring and shows a band of tiny icons for other members.

After all when we create a website we hope others will look at it.

To join log onto your Webs / Freewebs account and under the Community header select Rings

webrings.jpg

Then search for a web called "Model Rail" you should see the picture of a 37 on a viaduct, and join. Job done !

John

Thanks to those that have joined the Webs ringcurrently we are at 6 sites in 24 hours which is pretty good. This means that if a viewer finds one, they can now find 5 more and have a fair bit of variety to look. It will be interesting to see if in the coming week it increases traffic to all the sites which would be good as it is obvious a lot of effort has gone into producing each of them. The invite is still open, no strings, only takes a minute and will help raise the profile of the hobby on Webs.

John

Just a quick update we are up to 13 sites on the "Model Rail" ring which is very promising in less than a week, the ring has been viewed 480 times in that time so I certainly think its working and joining is a worthwhile exercise for any Webs / Freewebs user.

Back