Freemo adapter module

kjd

Go make something!
I am working on a freemo to notracks adapter module. I have been fascinated with both concepts and decided to combine them. I chose a river crossing because that is a logical place for a break in a rail line, the bridge could have gotten washed out. In the first photo, the far end, with the locomotive, is the freemo end. It has the wiring and will connect with a freemo setup. The near end is the notracks end and thanks to the notracks simple wiring will connect easily there as well. I just have to ballast the track and add water to the river and it will be more or less done.
The second photo is a module not nearly as far along and will represent more of the transition between the two styles of modules. It represents a turnout after the rails have been lifted but before the ties where recycled. I am using Central Valley ties and proto 87 tie plates to represent what was the track.
FYI, freemo is a modular standard introduced in Europe and adapted to North American style model railroading. Notracks was introduced in Model Railroader magazine several years ago ( I can't remember for certain but I think it was an April issue).
What do you all think?
Paul

Back