Found this old picture in a box of junk

NScaler

Engineer in Training
We were cleaning out the garage, and I have no idea where this came from, but it's going in the train room!
20140323_170917_zpsyhxq4wdi.jpg

Anyone know anything about this? It's pretty old.

Oh, and while searching for it I stumbled upon this little tidbit from the past. Enjoy!
http://books.google.com/books?id=yP...epage&q=seaco boston 140 essex street&f=false

Kevin, books like this are always a help when looking for industry names/destinations for the cars on the layout. It will let you set up origins or destinations of traffic.

That is exactly what I was thinking. It's a little early for the era I intend to model. But I found a lot of cool stuff in there from the Indianapolis area.

True. There is some really cool stuff in there. This book is exactly why I love the older times. The ads are so cool looking. There is an old Snap-On ad, a lot of ads for aftermarket parts for Fords, etc. Really neat. I saw ads for lock washers and did a little research. The lock washer was invented by a blacksmith in New Brunswick. His name is Morris Landry and he invented it in 1901 to keep the nuts on rail cars. This is in the Historical museum. I'll be days looking through that book.

Anyone have any info on that picture? I can't seem to find anything on it?? :(

Probably just what it looks like, a promotional handout by the salesmen for that company. Some handled out pin-up calenders of that era, some had these little cartoons, and some companies actually handed out some neat stuff. I have an ashtray from the 1940's from the Pennsylvania Tire company. Its a small round ashtray with a miniature of one of the tires they made around the ashtray. In this case, its a tractor tire.

Back