Forum troubles

RonP

Looks to me that there has been a hacker involved with the site. Allot of things are pointing this to me and well I will take a break from here till I see it has been fixed.

what points ?

weird spams from known users (these are usually from new users)
deleted posts (i had one deleted today)
posts about things going missing

I haven't noticed anything too out of the ordinary here.

You want to see problems, try the "other" train forum. :rolleyes:

The spammers are unavoidable. But the mods seem to take care of that pretty quickly. Trolls are a more prevelent problem, particularly on the "other" site.

If your AWOL post was to a spam or troll thread, it's possible it got deleted with the rest of the thread.

Rotor

There's one spammer around today and I've seen a few old posts get moved to the top because a user apparently changed his sceen name. I haven't seen anything else out of the ordinary and I certainly don't think the site has been hacked. As Rotor said, just try a few days across the street if you want to see true weirdness. :)

I hang there too on a daily basis. Before railroading I ran a very big gaming forum in the days of uncontrollable spam. I know what I see, one other reason could be a new moderator with a wiggle trigger finger too.

If your AWOL post was to a spam or troll thread, it's possible it got deleted with the rest of the thread.
Yep that can happen and does, especially if it was a comment on the spam. However if an old thread is resurrected then the thread will be still safe, but the spam will be removed.
It doesn't have to be a hacker, a spammer can join then post his/her crap and then we'll deal with it. A lot of the time it's software dedicated to spamming. Moderators on this forum are spread across the different time zones, but do have a life of their own to live. Myself I check for spammers several times a day whenever possible but there are times when chores take priority.
What Thread was your post removed from? I'll look into it.

Cheers Willis

Yep that can happen and does, especially if it was a comment on the spam. However if an old thread is resurrected then the thread will be still safe, but the spam will be removed.
It doesn't have to be a hacker, a spammer can join then post his/her crap and then we'll deal with it. A lot of the time it's software dedicated to spamming. Moderators on this forum are spread across the different time zones, but do have a life of their own to live. Myself I check for spammers several times a day whenever possible but there are times when chores take priority.
What Thread was your post removed from? I'll look into it.

Cheers Willis

I was being dumb with the removed post.

However i seen a member with 100 or so posts writing about World of warcraft and it was obviously spam I wonder if his account was jacked.

I was being dumb with the removed post.
Hi Ron, No not really, if something weird is going on report it, we'd like to know about it. Just send a PM to me or another moderator and it will be looked into.
PM me the members user name and I'll look into it.

Cheers Willis

Back