For the Discerning Modeler......

If you look at the "jump", I think it's a support and not a permanent deal. Maybe for transport so the bridge doesn't "sway". Can you imagine the size of the layout for that thing!! My layout is big but not THAT BIG!!! The bridge must be every bit of 12' long. Definitely would be a centerpiece if one were to add it to a layout.

Any guesses as to how much the reserve is or how much it goes for? Maybe we should start a pool. I'm saying$350 reserve, and someone will get it for $600. They might get more if it weren't Pickup Only........

Bob

All I have to say....
puke.gif

The bridge must be every bit of 12' long. Definitely would be a centerpiece if one were to add it to a layout.
Bob

It says its 14ft 6inches long. That would dwarf my layout. I like the fact it not returnable! Other than the size, it really doesn't strike me as that hard a thing to build.

Make a great walk bridge from my living room into the train room 14 feet away!!..Wow!!..If I put in my train room, 5 ft would stick out into the hall!! LOL

And for 250 bucks with a reserve it doesn't even look to scale. The cars are HUGE on that thing. It doesn't look very well made either.

About 2001 at the Tampa convention center there was an annual world train show & a guy had an N scale bridge about the same configuration as that one except it was a railroad bridge. It was 16ft. long & had the same hump in the middle. Might even be the same bridge. I asked him how a train could make it over the hump & he told me that N scale wasn't a problem. Whatever that meant. He was asking over 2 grand for his. He had it on an open flatbed trailer behind his van. There was a lot of lookers w/a lot of questions.

If that guy is really an engineer and took four years to build that thing, I'd hate to see any real buildings he engineered. :eek: That thing has only a passing resemblance to the structure of the Brooklyn Bridge. One of the defining elements of the bridge are the cut stone suspension towers. His look like poorly done concrete. Most of the suspension cables don't appear to be actually attached to the bridge. The proportion of the towers to the roadway is completely wrong. I don't usually trash other people's work but that thing is atrocious. :mad:

Jim - I was thinging pretty much the same thing. The only thing impressive about it is the size. It certainly is not a scale model of the Brooklyn Bridge. I bet we have dozens of people on this forum who can do better, (even myself) I wouldn't knock it if was on someone's layout, but to present it as it is for sale, that's a different thing.

Back