Follow Up on Cherry Creek Hobbies

Some of you had indicated you were interested to hear the result of my recent shopping experience with Cherry Creek Hobbies.
I placed my order this past Saturday afternoon (the 7th) , it was mailed out on Monday, and I just received it this afternoon (Wed. the 11th).
I purchased a Walthers 90' Built Up turntable at a price of $220.99. By far the best price I found on the net. Shipping was $15.75. A little higher than some but it turned out to be priority mail which was the price quoted on their website when I ordered. Below is a copy of the email I sent Will Garrelts of CC:
"Will,
Wanted to let you know how pleased I am with the service you gave me regarding my recent purchase of the Walthers 90' Built Up Turntable. When my wife called down to me that a package had arrived, I assumed it was the toggle switches I order from Demar Electronics a little over two weeks ago. Never thought it would be my turntable.
Your price was very good and your service matched it. I will be giving you a big A+ review on ModelRailroaderForums.com. Hope we will be able to engage in many more transactions in the future.
Sincerely,
Dan Watkins"

Pretty much says it all.
DW

I second this evaluation. I've had only great experiences with Will at Cherry Creek. I buy from him whenever possible. Superb service, speedy shipping, everything is well packed, prices are excellent.

Thanks for the follow-up. It is good to know. I have heard, now, of two places that are iffy, and one that is like sticking your hand into a bag of vipers. The latter was discussed at length just a few weeks ago. I have purchased at Factory Direct Trains, M.B. Klein, Internet Hobbies, BLI's Factory Outlet, traintrack.net, Caboose Hobbies, discountrails, Tony's Train Exchange, and one other place I have forgotten where I got my BLI Duplex. All came through once the money had changed hands. No questionable practises, no questionable delays...just the straight goods.

I'll add Cherry Creek to the list. I have learned, too, that Toy Train Heaven and Empire Northern Models are reputable. Quite a list of decent folks from whom to buy.

-Crandell

"Model Train Stuff" was the next lowest I found price wise. Ever deal with them?

I've worked with Tony's several times - good service and good prices. Had a faulty breaker which they replaced no questions asked. I bought my last decoder from Jim's Model Trains. No problems there either.

Can you recall the approximate dates when the thread about the negative outfit was running? Name?

Dan

Back