Floquel out of business..........

tlark

and they made a Concrete color spray that was quick and applied nicely to the AIM product castings and plastics from other manuf. Has anyone found or care to share if they have a replacement color in spray can that yields good results. The dealers, or what few are left here in KC are sold out.

TIA

I believe Krylon Ultra-Flat Camouflage Khaki may be a good substitute. It's not the exact same color as Floquil's spray concrete, but no two concrete surfaces are ever alike anyhow. I use their so-called "Camouflage Black" - which is actually dark brown - to spraypaint my FastTracks turnouts after I've built them, and I'm quite pleased with the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brakeman:

Have you tried the stains offered by Woodland scenic? They have a concrete stain that should work for your modeling. Also try using black paste power on the casting after you have used the Woodland product.

Thanks.

Greg

VIADUCT-1.jpgNow I just spray with a flat meduim gray and a day later a wash of thinned india ink to bring out details --- such as cracks and lines made by pouring concrete into wooden forms.

Finally, I work up the final color using pastel chalk powders.

that looks good, mind sharing what brand med. grey. I have a krylon grey primer.............

after you use the pastels do you seal it with a flat clear coat ??

I have used krylon grey primer before with success. I think this one may have had a low cost brand from OSH hardware as it's a litttle lighter shade of gray. It was probably just what I had on hand at the time.

Whatever you want to use can be sprayed on the bottom or somplace that doesn't matter to test it - let dry and try some thinned India ink -- more drying -- then powder of pastels of greys, browns and rust here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back