Flooded grade crossings

Those are some pretty devastating pictures. It looks like the railroad and the twon are going to spend a long time cleaning up. :( It's intersting that the crossing signals awere still operating. I guess the water completed the circuit and the lights were running off the battery backup in the signal shed.

WOW. I flew into Cedar Rapids a little over a week ago. Coming in from the SW you could see that the river had flooded and the bottom land was covered up but it was no where near the town. Thinks have really gotten worse.

My Wife and I want to donate some clothes, but the darn Red Cross here will not send to that area. When did it ever get to the point that I can't help a few American's out?

That makes me sad. I cant help out people who need it the most. Being flooded and have ever thing burn is the worst kind of disasters to go though. I pray that I never have to go through that. If you have, My deepest prayers are with you. And may that area be blessed with 10 fold crop!!!!! God only know that we need that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back