First timer in model rail road needs help

udop

Hi - I am a first timer in model rail road experimenting with a coupe of things. I bought a life like HO train set, and would like to add a Bachmaan locomotive to it. Knowing that the life like uses horn-hook couplers, is it possible to attach a Bachmaan locomotive with the E-Z Mate Knuckle Couplers

Appreciate the help

Wow, this was probably one of the first questions I heard in the 1950's. I had an Athearn HiFi Drive Santa Fe passenger set and a friend of my 8 year older brother gave me a Varney steam freight set. I was 7 or 8 and totally befuddled. The Varneys all had non operating knuckle style couplers.

The truth is you should probably buy modern couplers for everything. You will eventually do it anyway. The "horn hooks" aren't much fun, set manufactures should have already made the change, I'm sorry Life Like hasn't yet. Stick with it, your gonna have lots of fun!

Changing couplers on freight cars is pretty easy. Changing couplers on engines is sometimes more complicated. The quick easy fix for your current problem is to put an E-Z Mate Knuckle Coupler on one end of one car and just keep that car attached to the Bachman engine.

In other words have a 'transition' or 'conversion' car. Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate it.

Back