First Loco

suprduc

Made my way down to the LHS after work today to pick up my first loco. I went with an Athearn C44-9W or Dash 9-44CW, whichever you prefer, in Canadian National colors with the North America paint on the sides. Road number is 2509.

2242505805_6d9583a544_o.jpg

2242505801_e49a5a1f8c_o.jpg

looks pretty good with the Atlas Hoppers wit DM&E markings that I picked up on Friday too.
2242505807_e2ae5f6676_o.jpg

Next step is to build a small, and simple, shelf layout to mess around with while I get the final details down about my regular layout.

Next step is to build a small, and simple, shelf layout to mess around with
Be sure to post some photos of it, all these shelf layouts are interesting because it usually takes a lot of ingenuity to fit everything in.
Congratulations on getting the Dash-9. I have two of them undec still in the boxes. Not sure of what I'll do with them yet.

Cheers Willis

Looks good. Is that a RTR model?

Thanks and yes it is a RTR model

Be sure to post some photos of it, all these shelf layouts are interesting because it usually takes a lot of ingenuity to fit everything in.
Congratulations on getting the Dash-9. I have two of them undec still in the boxes. Not sure of what I'll do with them yet.

Cheers Willis

Definitely will keep everyone posted on that.

See, Carl, I told you this was just the beginning. :) Nice looking loco and good runners from all I've read.

Looking good. How do you like those Trainman cars? I was looking at the exact models you have.

Yes Jim you were right. I am now stuck in the vortex. :D

Josh, I am really impressed with the Trainman cars. They have some really great details and are quite inexpensive. I was actually looking to possibly grab a few more myself. There I go again, just like Jim said. :eek:

Nice loco. Now, are you going to leave it in CN scheme or repaint it in a Northern Iowa scheme? I'm amazed at how many different IANR paint schemes there are.:)

I'll leave this one as CN. IANR uses GP38-2s almost exclusively so I'll get a couple of unpainted GPs and have them painted in the IANR colors.

Josh, I am really impressed with the Trainman cars. They have some really great details and are quite inexpensive. I was actually looking to possibly grab a few more myself. There I go again, just like Jim said. :eek:
Well I did it. I just bought one today. Very very nice car! Thanks for the recommendation.

Sweeeeeeet another one got bitten by the MRR bug!
Congrats on your purchase!
Vortex? Holy Black hole in the Universe! LOL ...you are now officially sucked in!

Back