First Layout Ho Scale

Octavian

So I finally have a space where I can build a more or less full layout, my dimensions are kind of strange its going to be a 21' long by 17" wide layout thats modular so every 3 feet is disconnectable for moving purposes if needed (dcc layout). Long story short im so lost on where to even start with my track plan ive looked at alot and none are even close to what I wanna try and do so I come here for insight and ideas, the only idea im 100% sold on is I want the far right end of the layout to be a industrial/switching area so possibly multiple industrys but with that said I only really wanna take up 3 feet to do that (I understand I may have to pass that for the junctions but would like not to if I dont have to) and the rest can be a scenic route to the end or to a drop off point/shunting area at the end. Any input is appreciated as I've been racking my brain with this for some time now and feeling a bit overwhelmed

So I finally have a space where I can build a more or less full layout, my dimensions are kind of strange its going to be a 21' long by 17" wide layout thats modular so every 3 feet is disconnectable for moving purposes if needed (dcc layout). Long story short im so lost on where to even start with my track plan ive looked at alot and none are even close to what I wanna try and do so I come here for insight and ideas, the only idea im 100% sold on is I want the far right end of the layout to be a industrial/switching area so possibly multiple industrys but with that said I only really wanna take up 3 feet to do that (I understand I may have to pass that for the junctions but would like not to if I dont have to) and the rest can be a scenic route to the end or to a drop off point/shunting area at the end. Any input is appreciated as I've been racking my brain with this for some time now and feeling a bit overwhelmed
Look at various track plans and see what you think will work, you'll have to modify it to fit your requirements, or use two or three partial plans to make it work, try looking here for inspiration.

HO scale is going to be tough with 17" width unless you can make a wide spot at the end or doing a point to point (no continuous running i.e. loop).

If you are stuck with the 17" no matter what why not N scale?

Dave LASM

HO scale is going to be tough with 17" width unless you can make a wide spot at the end or doing a point to point (no continuous running i.e. loop).

If you are stuck with the 17" no matter what why not N scale?

Dave LASM
I would love to try n scale but I've been collecting ho scale things for the last few years and the process of trying to sell and re buy a smaller scale, and yes as the 17" is because it runs straight down a 28 foot hallway into my place and I'm already sold with the fact its going to have to be point to point based off of room. Im also not too concerned about a track being to close to the edge for most people on the far right where I want to do an industrial switching yard

Back