Finished Up Layout

SpitFireV12RR

Hey guys,

I finished up my layout plan. It's in HO, and takes place during Fall, in West Virginia, during the transition period. I have devised a plan to look real, yet provide some fun operations, on the maximum space I have(4 x 8). It serves 3 industries, with a backdrop in the middle. The coal mine will be in the mountainous scene, with some nice rolling hills, graduating to a large mountain, with some nice fall colors scattered about. The more or less "Industrial" area will have streets and a small hill, along with a small powerplan(Northern Light and Power), along with a warehouse, which will be two lakeview warehouses kitbashed an put to be one. The pink is the parking areas, and the gray are the roads. For the warehouse, I have included two optional roads, or even both. I'd like some help on whether to use one of two(which one) or both. Final Critiques would be nice.

http://www.modelrailroadphotos.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1229&cat=500&ppuser=3218

Thanks,
Spit

Looks nice, I'm suppirsed there's no comments on this yet, but I dunno what to say, I'm not good a critiguing...

Nice plan, only thing I'd suggest is to add some sort of interchange track going off one end of the layout. That'd make it a little more fun to operate. and give it a connection to the rest of the world.

Yeah Spit, good plan but I have to agree with the Hawk. It needs some connection to the outside world. Might I suggest the Lt bottom corner. Drop in a rt hand #4 and have the track "extend" to the edge.

Back