Find that locomotive!!!!

hyrail5 said:
can we get a recap on what all we're looking for?

Thanks,
Brian

*SP&S locomotive

*Wisconsin Central SD45- bonus if there are 2 or more in a consist or if it is running long hood forward

*DRGW (Denver, Rio Grande, & Western a.k.a. Rio Grande) SD40T-2

*Empire Builder equipment- past or present

Since no one seems to have a WCL SD45...

That last pic there is to be WCL #7524, with the old style front (similar to the rear of the long hood). She's currently sitting on my desk here... RPP shell, A-line chassis (old athearn shown there), Kato cab, cab sub-base, & nose. The joys of having left over Kato parts, no need to buy a Cannon cab...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jbaakko, since you won Wisconsin Centeral SD45, you get to choose another new description!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :) :p

jbaakko said:
Since no one seems to have a WCL SD45...

That last pic there is to be WCL #7524, with the old style front (similar to the rear of the long hood). She's currently sitting on my desk here... RPP shell, A-line chassis (old athearn shown there), Kato cab, cab sub-base, & nose. The joys of having left over Kato parts, no need to buy a Cannon cab...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm........ it looks like we're having a hard time finding Rio Grade tunnel moters, SP&S locos, & Empire Builder equipment. You'd think that someone would have somthing to fit at least one of those descriptions!!!!!!!:D:p:D:p:D:p:p:D:D

I have a Fmr. Rio Grande tunner motor, although it's armor yellow now, lol:p

new one: ALCO RS/RSC... (I.E. RS3, RSC3, RS27, RS11)

P.S. If its modern, i bet i have it in some form!

Catapult said:
How about a Pennsy locomotive. Extra points for steam ;)
Sorry for the poor photo quality but it is dark out. Some big Pennsy power but unfortunately, not steam. Nobody has RioGrande tunnel motors?

Paul

jbaakko said:
So as rules went, you choose the next one!
I still want to see some tunnel motors. I guess I could get mine out but that wouldn't count.
Paul

It wasn't a Rio Grande locomotive. Rio Grande tunnel motors had a larger than normal gap between the front truck and the fuel tank as well as an extra box for wheel slip control on the conductors side walkway. I like it though, what is your pick?

Heres some tunnel motors, Rio grande and SP and a SF SD45 in between em
97519941.gif

and later in the day
100182280.gif

Steve B said:
Heres some tunnel motors, Rio grande and SP and a SF SD45 in between em
97519941.gif

and later in the day
100182280.gif

Great pics! I guess you won Rio Grande tunnelmoters, so go ahead & pick another description!

I haven't posted one of my descriptions in a while so I thought one up for you guys:

F45, extra points if it is Montana Rail Link or Burlington Northern:)

Remember we're still looking for Empire Builder equipment, Amtrak or Great Northern, basically if it was used on the Empire Builder, it counts.

Back