Finally! A GMD1 (u)

NWCanuck

Tip&Ring
It's about time someone stepped up to the plate on this one. Funny thing, I was standing in my local hobby shop talking to Jason Shron on tour with his FP9's who was standing next to the guy from True Line Trains when I said "You guys ever thought of making a GMD1U?" He turned to the guy from True Line who had a prototype of his MP40PH and said "You should make a GMD1, if you did people would buy it for sure".

Looks like Jason knew what he was upto the whole time. Anyway nice to know one is on the way in 2013. Gives me time to save for a couple of them.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7jnQU2zetI

Quote included in the newsletter from Rapido:

"We hope you enjoy watching our new movie as much as we had fun making it. This is by no means an official announcement, and you won't find more information about it on our web site - it is a special treat for our newsletter and YouTube subscribers. We will have our first test samples in the spring/summer and only then will we announce product numbers and pricing information.

I've been very coy about the new freight engine over the last few months. To those of you who guessed it correctly, I apologize for not being able to tell you that you were right. You are welcome to act all smug next time you see me! And to everyone who sits through the whole movie without falling asleep: thanks for putting up with us!"

Jason Shron

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a pretty cool loco. I may have to consider one or two of these for my collection myself when the become available.

Looks like we all bugged him enough!
Jason if you're reading this I still have a box o' goodies here for you!

Rick, oh no, strictly CN. I like them in that paint scheme. Seeing as CN bought my parent RR, the Illinois Central, it would be plausible. ;)

I haven't had time to watch the video yet, but I'm wondering... were these GMD1s seen/used in the Maritimes in the early 70's?

Back