Figures for the layout

Edsland

I've been shopping around for people for my HO layout and I find everything from 4 people for $10 to 100 painted people on eBay for $5. Where do most folks buy their figures?

Personally, if I want a scene to stand out, I'll by the $10 set, but if the people on the scene are far or inside a building I'll buy the painted ones that comes from China. Having to paint 3/4" figurines is more of a pain for me. Hope this helps.

Beware of some of the HO Chinese figures available on E-Bay, as they are 1/100 instead of 1/87. Read the fine print. Depending on how many you need and your individual patience level, the unpainted bulk packs from Preiser are a good bargain. Woodland Scenics and Walthers also offer painted figures. Preiser, Walthers and Woodland Scenics offer figures with great detail.

Willie

Beware of some of the HO Chinese figures available on E-Bay, as they are 1/100 instead of 1/87. Read the fine print. Depending on how many you need and your individual patience level, the unpainted bulk packs from Preiser are a good bargain. Woodland Scenics and Walthers also offer painted figures. Preiser, Walthers and Woodland Scenics offer figures with great detail.

Willie

Especially Preiser :eek:

Thanks I did notice the 1/100 I'll definitely checkout Preiser, I really don't need a ton of them my layout isn't real big and I only have 1/4 of the populated area built.

Preisler also offers bulk packs of unpainted figures. They are excellent figures but can be a pain to paint. I keep a tray full of them by my paints and will paint a few every time I am using a proper color for shirts, pants, shoes, hair etc. I have also purchased some of the woodland scenic figures which are also excellent. Figures will bring a scene to life.

IMAG0709.jpg IMAG0647.jpg

I bought those 100 from China, and when they came in they looked like seconds or worse sweepings. There are only about 7 poses, so vary them. Mine were painted some odd color, some were just dipped in paint, so yes, you do need to paint them. Like everything in modeling it takes time, but if you do it right the effort is worth it.

The Aerojet

The 1/100 scale figures work fairly well placed inside of doors or windows in buildings, or "chopped up" and used as drivers and/or passengers in vehicles. Don't rule them out completely.

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Back