Fictional MNT estimated 4 x 8 layout in winter.

BNSF dude

BNSF foamer
Well, my mom finally agreed that when she gets tax returns she will get me layyout supplys like benchwork, track, scenery stuff, ect. I am modeling this isn winter and will use the fake snow on the ground and put down baking soda on the track. I will have a "sweep" under each snow plow and or Rotary Snow plow. The "sweep" will pick up the repaining snow left o the track as so not to short out locomotives. I may need help when I get started and i also will take suggestions from some here. This is modeling my fictional rail road MNT, I will at some point paint up some engines in MNT. I will have at least a 6 track tard sokme where and have a mainline in an oval and have a frozen lake with skaters and ice houses on it.

No no i was going to on the scenery but for display purposes ill have baking soda put on the tracks and an HO scale russell plow with a brush under it to pick up the extra stuff.

I'm looking at adding snow at some stage but it's got to be solid so it can't migrate into turnouts, it causes havoc in turnout's.

I have come up with a genius plan! I will have a low power fan under the layout and have tubes going under the turnouts I will diguise the tubes that go under the turnout with the Switch heaters which wouldnt heat anyway, the plates will be small enough to keep the trains from derailing. When the russell plow goes by the "Switch heaters" will blow it out of the flange-ways and turnouts. The bush will not go too deep as so it doesnt get caught on turnouts.

Pick up the latest copy of N Scale Railroading. It has a long article on Mike Danneman's (sp?) N scale layout. His snow scenery techniques insure that the snow stays in place! Might be the way you will want to go!

Darrell, quiet...for now

I have come up with a genius plan! I will have a low power fan under the layout and have tubes going under the turnouts ...

Sounds like a whole lot of work when you could just get some Woodland Scenics snow and a spray bottle of glue and be done with it. Just my opinion.

Sounds like a whole lot of work when you could just get some Woodland Scenics snow and a spray bottle of glue and be done with it. Just my opinion.
Same thing I was thinking, plus no matter what, the loose stuff sounds bad for the motors.

Back