Feedback required on Kaslo CN SD60-F

MLW

Looking for feedback from Canadian customers on Kaslo Shops CN SD-60F.

HL-7.jpg

More pictures here:
http://www.kasloshops.com/pops/HL-7.html

*Overall quality versus cost?
*Level of difficulty
*Numbers of parts included (few? Lots?)
*Fidelity versus prototype
*Fragility (Resin)
*Compatibility with P2k SD60
*Ease of building
*Instruction (or lack thereof)

:confused:

Not only Canadian customers... I saw (but didn't build, or own) the Kaslo SD50F. The Kaslo shells should have EVERYTHING included, including small details. The instructions I'd have no clue, but trusting Kaslo, I'll say ir-replaceable. The Resin is high quality, and they should be exact replicas. Quality versus cost is a hard factor, when they have the only commercialy available one! As for the Chassis, they're designed to work with Athearn Chassis, the SD50F fits a SD40T-2 chassis, but they say they can easly fit LL & Overland. I have an Overlan SD40T-2 Chassis waiting for the Kaslo SD50F shell, cept I keep forgetting to order it!

I'd say you'd be well off ordering Both Kaslo kits.

Ok, late reply. I just got my Kaslo SD50F in the mail today, and I opened the box to check it out. Initial inspction shows a VERY VERY high level of detail on the resin shell. LOTS of photo etched parts, including the grills, fan grills, steps, grab irons, sunshades, the Canadian triangular 3 marker light thingy, lift rings, wipers, exaust stack ribs, side ladders, its amazing! There's resin cast coupler pockets, re-railing shoes, airtanks, the tall style ditch lights (I need more of those), the angular portion above the Taper, even a cast can type antenna! Only draw back I can see so far, is that there are no MU lines, or airhoses, traction motor cables, and the chassis would has to be bought and detailed seperately.

Back