Feedback forum?

efram

I was wondering if the site moderator would be interested in putting up a feedback forum. So, if we deal with someone and the sale and interaction was outstanding, or.. if it doesn't go well, we can alert each other.

I'll start by saying I bought a couple of BNIB HO scale locos from PEIR. A+ !
He responded quickly, shipped promptly, it was great. I'd highly recommend buying anything off him.

Thanks!

I like the idea of it, only thing is though, id be worried about shouting matches if things dont go well. Then wed have threads closing. An administrator would have to enable it i think.

Ill play along though.

I just dealt with KZ9 for a trade. He was really patient and made things really easy and smooth. I almost felt kinda bad because i kept holding things up, but in the end the deal came through. Im expecting the items to reach theyre new owners somtime next week.

I say let's not try and make ourselves into e-Bay. Personal transcations should stay just that. Just one man's opinion.

I say let's not try and make ourselves into e-Bay. Personal transcations should stay just that. Just one man's opinion.

Ill kindve agree with you, but i really only like the idea of their reputation as a BST'er being open because it saves me from asking other members. Lately ill shoot a message to someone i know has dealt with someone im trying to deal with, just to get a feeling for how things went and what i should expect. I understand everyone has opinions, and i dont think people should bad mouth them over one experience. If things come out positive, and theres a thread about a BST'ers records, id be willing to write alittle note, especially if itll might make things easier for someone who might not do much buying, selling or trading here or maybe just joined.

Over on trainboard, we are wrapping up a thread on criticism, which feedback is...whatever name you wish to use, the effect is the same...judgement of another's performance or results.

If it is done well, with no ulterior motives, nothing to gain or lose, IOW, objectively, and if the person offering the feedback is skilled in that process, it can be very effective. The trouble is that most people suck at criticism and feedback. If they are emotionally or financially involved, it gets much more problematic.

So, for the sake of the tenor of this forum, and for the sake of the moderators, volunteers I expect, this idea does not get any support from me.

A good idea in principle, but I think it invites a whole host of headaches for the admins here.

-Crandell

not related to trading reputation
the way i seen it done is a system of "thanks" . imho really neat.
not a pure rating or "rep" points but rather a counter. if there is a post a member likes, instead of posting useless "oh it's nice" he will press "thanks" button underneath, saving from the post clutter, keeping the thread cleaner, yet still acknowledging, expressing his appreciation and aproval.
every time i see update on Birmingham post for example, i lots of times i even though i want to acknowledge his work, i will refrain from posting since i don't want to clutter the thread...

statistics are kept of how many times one said thanks and how many notes he received

attached, typical post on layout progress from Russian forum with "thank you" from 3 members underneath.

Back