Fascia Track Diagram Tape?

macjet

I'm not even sure if the title is an accurate description of what I want. On my Free-mo module I am installing the local control for the switch points embedded in the facia. I want to have the typical track diagram in white stripe along with white names (main, siding, etc) and white numbers for the DCC ACCY address.

Where is this obtained? Who makes it?

Thanks.

Jacob

In pre-Powerpoint days, Chartpak-brand tape was used to make charts and graphs and was available in office supply stores. Some may still have some, it came in many colors and widths. It was also useful for masking stripes and things on models, btw, as it is cut very precisely.

Recently I used pinstriping tape from an auto-parts store for the lines on a marker board at work. Colors are limited (I used black, I think they had white and silver as well) but it works well.

Chartpak tape is still around although you may have to order it on line if it's not in your local office supply store. Target had a nice Dymo label printer on sale for $18 this week with a large amount of print features and different tape, from white and colored back grounds to clear.

I also like the pinstripe tape, it's available in a variety of sizes.
I made a panel once by striping the back of a sheet of plexiglass and painting over the it, then removing the pinstripe and turning it over.
When backlit the track plan glowed. (off topic for fascia, sorry.)
For the lettering try self adhesive vinyl lettering, it comes in white and all sizes.That's what I use for my fascia here: (pay no attention to the mess) :eek:

For the lettering try self adhesive vinyl lettering, it comes in white and all sizes.That's what I use for my fascia here: (pay no attention to the mess) :eek:

Bingo! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Who carries something like that?

If you're just looking for fascia lettering, you can either get the self-stick letter set at Walmart or get a Dymo label maker The one I referenced at Target is cheap, does a lot of different lettering styles, and is lots faster than self-stick letters. You also never run out of that one last letter you need, the bain of self stick lettering sheets.

Bingo! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Who carries something like that?

I got it from Staples ($4 something a pack) but I believe Wally World may carry it as Jim said.
The downside is the sets I got have lots of other letters but only two "R"s so spelling some words require a couple sets.

If you're just looking for fascia lettering, you can either get the self-stick letter set at Walmart or get a Dymo label maker The one I referenced at Target is cheap, does a lot of different lettering styles, and is lots faster than self-stick letters. You also never run out of that one last letter you need, the bain of self stick lettering sheets.

That model does print white. I'll have to look at it and see how the white on clear tape looks.

Thanks.

Rico,

(First off -- tongue FIRMLY planted in cheek...)

Regarding your picture -- I think your forced perspective is a little backwards. Shouldn't the big train be in front of the little train??? :D

(Sorry, couldn't pass this one up...)

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Back