Falcon City

Hello everyone!

Shown below are some shots of the newly restored Falcon City. These pictures were taken by Photographer Stan, the official photographer for Falcon City.
The pictures which will follow are both ground and aerial shots taken from a helicopter Stan borrowed from an airport a few miles away.
Note: Most of the following pictures can also be seen in the Showin' Off thread for those who are curious.

DSCN0106_zpsfe90735a.jpg

Here, we are facing West where we can see the newly restored Oil Refinery.

DSCN0107_zpsef7398f8.jpg

This is looking West again, however, we are now facing Peter Thorn's Lumber Mill-Established in 1859, it is the oldest building in Falcon City.

DSCN0108_zpsd25590f6.jpg

Facing North, we can see a close-up shot of the Dark Territory Mining Facility-The facility sits near an old mine first used in 1860.

DSCN0110_zps281a2629.jpg

This is a West-facing photo of the mining facility. The Road Express truck transports the ore to and from the facility.

DSCN0111_zps49f712bf.jpg

We are now partially facing an abandoned section of railroad, where another diesel engine and a few cars now sit without any purpose.

DSCN0112_zps0aae7dee.jpg

As we turn to face the south, we get a better view of the abandoned section of track as well as the diesel engine and freight cars.

DSCN0113_zpsdbcf02b2.jpg

Turning to face East, we now have a clear shot of the old crane, which could use a coat of paint or two. A crate is partially suspended by the crane.

DSCN0114_zps98bdf37e.jpg

As we move closer, we are facing South again towards the service entrance of the lumber mill. A utility vehicle sits idle, waiting to transport logs.

DSCN0115_zpsae67e227.jpg

We are once again facing West, where the TWX diesel engine and ore car can clearly be seen. The lumber mill can partially be seen in the background.
Note: Inside of the main entrance of the lumber mill is a truck, which hauls piles of logs to and from the lumber mill. The truck and main entrance remain hidden...For now...

Last edited by a moderator:
DSCN0116_zpsad3464b6.jpg

The Falcon City Council ran a test in order to see which of the two diesel engines ran better-Here is a shot of the newer diesel engine. We can also see a logging truck in the background...

DSCN0117_zpsff8ce6ec.jpg

...The result was clear-The newer PTW diesel engine from 1975 ran faster and more efficiently than the TWX diesel engine from 1950.

DSCN0118_zps59190f70.jpg

But Photographer Stan wanted more pictures! Here, we can see a close-up shot of the ore car and the main petrol oil tanker. The lumber mill is in the background.

DSCN0119_zpsfd6870e7.jpg

Here is a close-up shot of the TWX diesel engine, which has now been abandoned because of it's lack of power and efficiency.

DSCN0120_zpsa2e0dc11.jpg

Here, we see a close-up shot of another log-loader car and oil tanker-Photographer Stan has been busy and inspired lately!
Note: The oil refinery (Shown in the background) has a family tradition of selling it's oil to customers in glass vials and beakers.

DSCN0121_zps98fa72cc.jpg

This is about as close to the P.T. Lumber Mill as our photographer could get for this picture. The logo of the lumber company can clearly be seen on the box car.

DSCN0122_zpsaed57a4d.jpg

Here, we can see a close-up shot of the CM cryogenics tanker. The crane car behind it loads and unloads oil drums from the oil refinery, established in circa 1890.

DSCN0123_zps04d10d60.jpg

And speaking of cranes, here is a shot of the loading section of the crane seen from yesterday. The train often stops here collect various goods.

DSCN0124_zps68789d3c.jpg

Photographer Stan manages to snag a close-up of the flatbed car (Complete with rusty pipes) and the caboose. The oil refinery (Not shown) had it's pipes recently restored.

DSCN0125_zps939d8501.jpg

Here is a picture of the loading zone of the Dark Territory Mining Facility. The company logo is clearly visible. The Road Express hauling truck sits on a ramp right behind the loading zone.

Well, this concludes the third gallery from Photographer Stan. Be sure to check back often or subscribe to this thread for more updates!
Note: All we are missing for now are some HO-scale employee figures to keep things running smoothly in the Falcon City Industrial Zone.

DSCN0126_zps26824373.jpg

Photographer Stan wanted to take to the skies-And he did, literally-So he borrowed a helicopter from a nearby airport for some aerial shots like this one, showing the mining facility.

DSCN0127_zps68f6e2e5.jpg

This one shows the abandoned section of track from above. As you can see, it's very small.

DSCN0128_zpsc505e09b.jpg

Here, we can see the crane from above, as well as part of the main freight line and part of the abandoned section above and to the left respectively.

DSCN0129_zps3f967991.jpg

Here, we can see the lumber mill from above. We can also see the forklift and most of the main freight line from this viewpoint.

Well, this concludes the tour for now. Be sure to check back here often for more updates on the Falcon City Restoration Project!

Finally! I have more pictures! And of new items also!

DSCN0166_zps897da922.jpg

Here is an aerial shot of a few of my new HO-scale figures-A couple workmen and a small herd of cows!

DSCN0164_zps76396300.jpg

Here, one workman sits in his forklift, waiting for the cows to step aside. He seems to be rather impatient.

DSCN0165_zpsdd1e0806.jpg

Here, another workman leans against his utility vehicle, holding a crate. He is waiting for the cows to move also.

The HO-scale figures I ordered are almost the same size as my Power Trains...If they were all real, they'd only be a couple inches taller than the tops of the train doors! This proves my statement from weeks earlier-I can use HO-scale figures and buildings easily with my Power Trains! This is awesomeness! You'll also find my new pictures in my Model Train Collection Thread...Cheers!

Back