Facebook like of some Old Bham Alabama photos

bigken462

Facebook page with some old Bham Alabama photos

I don't have anything to show today, but do have a Facebook page I ran across a few minutes ago featuring some old Alabama photos of barns, grain silos, a few bill boards. etc. Some of you guys replicating this stuff may find some of the old photo's interesting.

http://www.facebook.com/birminghamrewound?sk=wall

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken;
If you haven't already come across them, our own Grandeman, (Eric), has done quite a few articles here on Birmingham's mining and steel making past.

Do a forum search on threads started by him, and start reading. Its some very good work.

Carey, I owe you a cold beer and steak for putting me on this. I must admit I don't - well didn't until now have a particular interest in this type of stuff, but the history of it is simply amazing. I PM'd Grande for some links to the first parts of his postings and I could not find anything prior to part number 11.

It's one thing to stumble across a gold mine, but to be pointed to the pile is nothing short of awesome!

Thanks much,

Kenny

Thanks much Carey, if I can work it in on an off night, I would love to join you guys for some coffee and see the layouts you guys are showing. It sucks not having anything to offer to return, but I'm facinated by history and would love to hear some details of earlier times.

I was hoping to get some time to read through some of Eric's previous post tonight at work, but the 911 phones been ringing off the hook keeping our guys running hard. I guess it's all about job security these days, but gosh, I wish people would just go to bed!!!!

All the best,

Kenny

Back