Engine Not Responding

dstern350

Greetings. I spent a bit of time searching before I posted this.

I have Bachmann Spectrum Diesel DCC engine (on channel 1)that was running fine, then started to act a bit erratic and now wont respond to any throttle commands. I have another DCC engine running on channel 3 that is running fine, and an old Bachmann DC engine on channel 10.

What steps do I take to troubleshoot? What are the possible issues?

Your response did something because it is working again. So I guess now I have an intermittent response. Same question - is this a maintenance issue? Do I need to clean the wheels to improve signal pickup?

Greetings. I spent a bit of time searching before I posted this.

I have Bachmann Spectrum Diesel DCC engine (on channel 1)that was running fine, then started to act a bit erratic and now wont respond to any throttle commands. I have another DCC engine running on channel 3 that is running fine, and an old Bachmann DC engine on channel 10.

What steps do I take to troubleshoot? What are the possible issues?
I can't remember where I read it but I don't think your suppose to use the number 01 as an assignment for DCC. I beleive I read it would give problems. Also, DC should be on 00 not 10, at least thats the way it is on Digitrax.
Hope that helps.
Bob

Bob,

Sounds like he is using a Bachmann EZ-Command, which explains the "channel 1" and "channel 3" comments.

I would check the wheels for dirt, and then clean the track. If the track is dirty, cleaning the wheels alone won't help for long.

I had this issue with a Bachmann decapod, and I found the motor brushes weren't always touching the commutator. I stretched the brush springs slightly and had no more trouble.

Rubbing alcohol, paper towels, and elbow grease. Occasional Bright Boy eraser type abrasive tool for really tough spots. Done.

Alcohol

G'day....A friend of mine uses spray alcohol on a clean cloth for track cleaning and same product but uses a made up track jig and cotton buds to do the wheelsets...works a treat...Cheers Rod

Back