Eldorado modules

With my move to Iceland I shipped two of my modules and all rolling stock and model building stuff.I've set them up in our spare bedroom. Not a lot of space to build anything. Both modules are 35x20 inch, with a possible extension of another 40x20 to add. I had 4 small corner modules that connected to the main, fully finished, but I left them in The Netherlands. Figuring that a corner module would not fit in the house. Half of the two modules are finished mostly, from the main track in the middle to the background. (they were built to Fremo standards). That leaves me with a little bit of space in the foreground to build a few spurs to switch cars.
As I promised myself not to invest in new materials, I am going to use what I have brought. For track I have a few feet of flex, that should be enough. I want to add a few turnouts to be able to switch some cars (currently not possible as the only turnout is on the edge of the layout).
When sorting out the boxes with supplies I have 7 turnouts to use, 5 shinohara and Peco #8 and 2 shinohara #10 (two years ago I could buy them from a friend cheap and thought I would use them). The #10's are obviously to big, I planned on using them on the main track but will skip that.
So far I've come up with a simple plan to add max. 3 turnouts to switch some cars around. The to be built extension will house some of my buildings I finished last years. I really love the Downtown Deco structures and brought them all. Some didn't survive the shipment but they are easy to rebuild.
Best part is that in reasonable time it's possible to finish the layout, with everything I already have. And in between work on my 6th Southern Pacific SD9 and finish the SSW GP40/TEBU set.

IMG_7149.jpg
IMG_7148.jpg
IMG_7154.jpg
IMG_7152.jpg

As I'm struggling a bit to start laying tracks on my modules, I decided to upgrade one of the P2K SD9's I had in storage for a long time. Some added detail parts and for this one I'm staying with the stock paint (although way too light) and weather to fit a faded engine.
My 6th Southern Pacific SD9, all from pre Walthers Proto 2000.
Although I have limited space to run them all...you can never have enough SD9's on your SP roster. :)

IMG_7178.jpg

Back