EBAY purchase Rivarossi 060

I agree that my new Rivarossi tanker has coal storage. However, this pic, where is the coal?

View attachment 162056

I received my ebay Rivarossi package, items were nicer than expected, loco was dusty but ran better than expected!!!!

Dave
It's possible there was a small coal bunker right at the back inside of the cab, if it was used as a switcher on a small yard, it would have been enough to keep it running for a few hours before needing to replenish it.

It's possible there was a small coal bunker right at the back inside of the cab, if it was used as a switcher on a small yard, it would have been enough to keep it running for a few hours before needing to replenish it.
I suppose I could have supplied some context to the photo. This was a private logging locomotive used in Northern Minnesota. The loco was used to haul wood from the woods to the sawmill on temporary tracks.

It would have to have the ability to do a round trip of about 40 miles.

Here is a description of the locomotive from the museum display:

20221105_134635 r.jpg

I must say studying up on these tank locos has been interesting also raised numerous questions. It also disrupted many of my notions about these locos, I believe they were more versatile and widespread than many believe.

Dave LASM

I agree that my new Rivarossi tanker has coal storage. However, this pic, where is the coal?

View attachment 162056

I received my ebay Rivarossi package, items were nicer than expected, loco was dusty but ran better than expected!!!!

Dave
With this little tanker the coal bin is most likely build up inside the cab. Notice a space on the side of the cab from rear edge of the door to the rear edge of actual cab. @Smudge617 was faster😉

I must say studying up on these tank locos has been interesting also raised numerous questions. It also disrupted many of my notions about these locos, I believe they were more versatile and widespread than many believe.

Dave LASM
There were many interesting machines. I grew up in Poland when some mainline tanks were still used on scheduled trains, really pretty machines, specifically TKt48 type.

There were many interesting machines. I grew up in Poland when some mainline tanks were still used on scheduled trains, really pretty machines, specifically TKt48 type.
I remember your Polish connection now. My grandparents lived in a Polish community in Minnesota and spoke the language in front of us at times. Their parents immigrated from Poland. The name is Plotnik, which I was told is a shortened version which they adopted.

Funny thing about that is Grandma's maiden name is O'Hotto which doesen't sound Polish however she claimed to be 100% Polish.

Dave

I remember your Polish connection now. My grandparents lived in a Polish community in Minnesota and spoke the language in front of us at times. Their parents immigrated from Poland. The name is Plotnik, which I was told is a shortened version which they adopted.

Funny thing about that is Grandma's maiden name is O'Hotto which doesen't sound Polish however she claimed to be 100% Polish.

Dave
There are quite a few last names used in Poland that are clearly German in nature, like Shmit, Shmidt...

Back