Easy Model Railroad Inventory Q's

Outback

Low Budget & Old School
I have started inputting my "stuff" to this program and was looking for a way to add a custom column to the 'Maintain Locomotives' section. I want to add in a section for Lineage but can't seem to figure out how to add a custom item to the form.

Does anyone know if this can be done or how to do it if so?
D

Column

I don't think you can. I know you can custom organise some reports, but I think you want to add information at the input stage. Bob, who owns the program, is the best person to ask. He is very approachable.

Roy

Haven't tried that one yet, I'll wait to hear your report. :D
In Yard Office there's a section for "logs" that includes maintenance, never tried to add to it.

Well in EMRI there are two locations to enter lengthy information one is called 'Variation' which I have no clue what this refers to or is for. The other is a 'Notes' section where you could enter the lineage of a unit or car.

I was just thinking that a clickable entry box like the rest would be nice to have so one could enter the x info if required. Such as in the case of a corporate loco where you may want to show its former road name - ie: BLR xSOO

I looked at YO but it seemed confuzzling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok another question, is there a way to move an entry up or down in the listing? I can't seem to do this and I don't want to redo half the roster in order to put in a forgotten unit in its numerical position.

EMRI Variation Box

The variation box is where you enter information about modifications and their cost to an item. This will then show up on the insurance printouts and substantiate the difference between cost and value. Notes don't show up on the insurance printouts.

Will try to modify my list to move an item around later. Not sure if it's possible.

Roy

Last edited by a moderator:

Back