EASY FOUNDATIONS & WALLS ! (dial up pic. warning)

stripes

Here I am presenting an easy method for creating foundations for structures, culverts, retaining walls and almost anything else that you can imagine, that utilizes bricks or blocks. Starting with a
12” X 12”X 1/8th. Linoleum floor tile that is available at most Home Depots, Lowes, Rona, etc…
Measure the tile and mark it with a line in the center. (see picture #1)

stucco004.jpg

Using a sharp utility knife and a square, score the tile on your line. (See picture #2)

stucco008.jpg

Now lay the tile on the edge of a table or work bench with your line right at the ledge and gently press down on one side while holding the other side securely on the table. You should end up with
2 = 6"X 12" Pieces. (See picture #3)

stucco009.jpg

Using a Carpenters square you will score the tile across the width every ¼” (See pictures #4 & #5)
stucco010.jpg

stucco011.jpg

You will then score the tile every ½” length wise. When you are finished, place the tile in a vice at the scored lines as shown (See picture #6) and gently snap the tile at each line.

stucco013.jpg

When you are finished you will have a nice pile of ¼”X ½”X 1/8th.” blocks! (See picture #7 & #8)

stucco016.jpg

stucco017.jpg

Hope that is useful ! If you would like, I will continue with the tutorial showing how to clean the blocks up and glue them.
If there is an interest I will create a pdf and have it as a free download on my site (which should be live next week!

Josh, I was just trying to find the center. Once there in a wall or foundation you will not see the marks. Also they can be sanded or painted!

There is no point! I just am a pain in the a_ _ perfectionist and wanted a straight cut! LMAO It will make no difference if you mark it that way or not.

Back