E-books or paper ones?

whowey

My wife has a goodly number of e-book credits and has been using more than her share of the family hobby budget the last couple months. She offered to let me use some of her credits and help settle up that deficit. I am not a big user of the e-readers, but I do have some of my own e-books. I have for a couple of modeling books I wouldn't mind adding to the collection, especially if she is 'buying'. My question is whether anyone else uses e-books in modeling and how do they compare to using hard printed ones?

I read both e-books (iPad) and print books. Lately I've been leaning more toward e-books because they are usually less expensive.

I'm with Kevin..I read sci-fi etc on both hard copy and ebook but modelling books I like hard-copy.

Except for a few tech manuals if I can get it for my Kindle devices I do. I find it great to be able to pack two small devices and have access to practically all of my reading material.

I prefer the Amish kindle (real books), but I generally use the electronic version in order to save paper, room, and weight while traveling.

The mold found in old books is a mild drug and helps you visualize the story. An electronic device will never provide the visceral enjoyment a real book can.

I prefer paper books. I'm really getting tired of technology. It's good to a point, but so many people are getting so dependent on technology that I wonder if they can think on their own.

I prefer paper books. I'm really getting tired of technology. It's good to a point, but so many people are getting so dependent on technology that I wonder if they can think on their own.

They can't, from what I'm seeing around these parts.

Reason #4,762 to stay face down over the layout and try to not pay too much attention to anything else!

I agree...real books are the best....I love the Kindle for travel or if I happen to be in an area with no book stores. But real books are preferred.

Interesting that paper books seem to be getting the nod. I just gave away all of my paper books except for a few with sentimental value and my tech manuals. I seem to me in the minority but I have no desire to return to paper. It's grand to be reading something on the Kindle which triggers an idea or a memory, go to the shop, do some research and buy more books on the spot.

To each their own.

Back