Dragon river steel's new addition.

dragonriversteel

Dragon-River-Steel-Corp
Hello all,

Alright perhaps not new but new & improved. The back side of the BOF has not faced a face lift since being built. My eye health is failing at 38,by this I'm going blind. Trying to medical retire from work its a waiting game. My wife has been helping me over the past few months completing the layout. She's very good model railroader,just like I knew she would be.

My wife came up with adding the huge structure to the back of the BOF. It looks great, she has out done herself. All I did was weather the structure and add the piping.

There is one more thing that is being scratch built. The huge duel bag houses,these are being built as we speak. The design is based on an old republic steel design. The structures are complete, still working on the dust bins. So for now till I take pictures, I present to you the BOF back side.

I also have finally scratch built a cooling tower stand for all the heat genarated from the BOF process.

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01093.png

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01083.jpg

Hey Patrick, good to see you over here! Too bad our other resident steel industry modeler, 'rexhea', is out of town on a camping trip so he's not here to drool over your latest work.

Hope the docs find some way to prevent losing all your eyesight...:(

steel mill

great job looks fantastic would like to see your layout some time. i live in lugoff s.c. and work in summerville and north charleston i own a cable contracting co. and rxr track inspection bus.;)

Wow, impressive!
Bet it dwarfs the trains just like the real thing.
I realy like those luggers, where did you find them?

Wow, impressive!
Bet it dwarfs the trains just like the real thing.
I realy like those luggers, where did you find them?

Luggers ? Do you mean the kress carriers ? If so I scratch built the from US patent drawings. I have three kress carriers now and a klein ladle carrier on the drawing board.

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
DRSC

Hey Patrick, good to see you over here! Too bad our other resident steel industry modeler, 'rexhea', is out of town on a camping trip so he's not here to drool over your latest work.

Hope the docs find some way to prevent losing all your eyesight...:(

Whatcha been working on lately Ken? My wife has been helping build the entire layout. Gonna see how well she is with track soon.

Patrick

Back