does it work

qomarguy

hi i would like to no I'm getting two o guge trains from two different companies and one is lionel and Bachmann will it work on bachmann dcc or do i have to mod it
'

Good morning,

Lionel and Williams by Bachmann are 3 rail AC powered O-gauge.

DCC is a square wave DC power for 2 rail operation. As far as I know there are incompatible.

Bachmann does make DCC equipment but I think they only make HO and N scales for DCC.

There is such a thing as 2 rail O-gauge but Lionel does not make it.

What kind of power and control system and track are you using?

If you can give us more information we will be glad to try to help you.

Louis

Fastrack is 3 rail and that is what I use for my Lionel layout. I love it.

Can you tell me what trains you are getting? Do you have model numbers or pictures?

You can cut the link from your address bar and paste it right in here.

That way everyone can see it and if I make a mistake someone will help and correct me.

There are railroaders on here that have forgotten more then I know about model railroading!

You found a great place for help.

If you ever want to you can send me a private message by clicking on my name and select private message

ty let me show my track plan SRCatlas.jpg aaaaaaal

Tell your dad we say thank you for his service and you too for sharing your Dad with us!

I love your track plan!

My layouts are very boring compared to yours.

I have a 12.5' x 6.6' O-gauge layout with an O-60 oval and O-48 oval and a switching yard in the center.

I am still in the planning stages for my 4' x 8' HO layout

I also have an O-36 figure 8 O-gauge layout on the floor for my grandsons and I to play with.

I have diesels on my table layouts and steam engines on the floor.

That reminds me, the Lionel locomotive you showed me requires a minimum curve of O-54 so you would need O-60 FasTrack for it.

I don't have a complete track plan or a picture

I will try to finish the track plan I made on AnyRail. I started it with the free trail and it limits you to 50 pieces I have since bought the full program but I have not completed that plan on the software.

Time to get ready for football!!!

Thank God it's Sunday!!

Louis

Gomarguy .. I really like your track plan. That's pretty neat looking, gives lots of switching possibilities and even has a Y so you don't have to run in just one direction.
What radius curves do you have planned?

Back