Dinosaur Fossil

I had that casting but can’t remember the mfg name, I’ll see if I can “dig up“ some info.
(see what I did there?)
I had mine in the bottom of a resin lake, neat effect but when I tore down the layout it was unsalvageable.

Back story. Son in law brought over his Tyco trains from when he was ten (1980ish) and asked me to help put a layout together. His son, now ten asked to include dinosaurs.

JP.jpg

Back story. Son in law brought over his Tyco trains from when he was ten (1980ish) and asked me to help put a layout together. His son, now ten asked to include dinosaurs.
When I worked with the Youth in Model Railroading group, dinosaur/ Jurassic Park modules for the layout were the most common and liked best by the young people visiting when we set them up for exhibition.

And ALL model railroads should have a dinosaur in memory of and to honor John Allen. Even my entry in the Walther's National Model Railroad Build off last year had a dinosaur.

Last edited:
I had a dinosaur in a park on my HO layout. A few years ago my granddaughter decided she wanted it, and traded me a fountain with a bird perched on top. Don't know what she did with it, and am not sure if she does. Oh, well...
Stay well and safe!

Back