Digitrax Help!

dcarrell8

I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong place. I've been out of Model Railroading for about 10 years now, and i'm finally getting back in. I have Digitrax DB 150 with a DT-300 throttle. I set up a single test track and my track status light will not come on, and my throttle flashes "10.7V". My throttle will take no other commands.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar problem? I tried the Digitrax trouble shooting sight but it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Thanks for any help

It has been quite a while, but I seem to remember that you have to orient a couple of jumper wires into the correct position on the DB150 to tell it what you want it to do...operate the trains or act as a power booster. Did you miss that step?

Sounds like you have the track power toggled off.
Hold down the STOP button while pressing the Y button. This will be on page 12 of your operator book.

It has been quite a while, but I seem to remember that you have to orient a couple of jumper wires into the correct position on the DB150 to tell it what you want it to do...operate the trains or act as a power booster. Did you miss that step?

The jumper is to use it as a booster, no jumpers needed for use as a command station.

check and make sure that you have it in the run position on the far right switch. one does scale, the other has three positions. run, ops and sleep or something like that. if it is not on run then it will not power the track. the voltage readout on the throttle is about right. otherwise go and look for a short. how many wires going to your test track?

I'm not familiar with that throttle, but the DT400 requires the user to press 'loco' and then 'function' to get the throttle to send commands to the decoder active on the throttle. Or, you can send power to the rails by pressing the 'power' button, and then 'y' for 'yes'.

I'm not familiar with that throttle, but the DT400 requires the user to press 'loco' and then 'function' to get the throttle to send commands to the decoder active on the throttle. Or, you can send power to the rails by pressing the 'power' button, and then 'y' for 'yes'.

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking the throttle may be the issue. It will take no commands of any kind.

check and make sure that you have it in the run position on the far right switch. one does scale, the other has three positions. run, ops and sleep or something like that. if it is not on run then it will not power the track. the voltage readout on the throttle is about right. otherwise go and look for a short. how many wires going to your test track?

I'm familiar with how the unit works, it was working perfectly last I used it approximately 10 years ago. No shorts considering that there is no power to the track and the throttle will take no commands to turn on the track power. It is a single test track that I'm trying to power not a layout.

I'm familiar with how the unit works, It was working fine the last time I used it about 10 Years ago. There can't be a short because I can't turn on the track power. I have it hooked to a single test track so I'm positive there are no shorts.

This sounds similar to a problem I had with my DT300, turned out to be capacitor plague. I would contact Digitrax tech support, will probably need to be sent in.

What are you using as the power supply into the DB150? This maybe the main problem, no power to the DB 150, then no power out. I don't believe the throttle controls any power to the track other than to turn on and off track power as suggested.

A capacitor problem with a 300 is usually a flashing display.

Greg

Look closely at all the buttons on the throttle. We've had them stick down and render the throttle useless on a few occasions.

Joe

Back