Digitrax DH163 help

lmackattack

old school
Ok I failed once again;)

I need to know how to properly set up my DH163 decoders

I cant find the cv settings on the digitrax page and we all know the pice of paper they give you just show basic stuff. it there a page that I can see that show specific Digitrax CVs and what settings will adjust

My biggest issure right now between locos is that CV29 is diffrent?

One engine needs to be reversed
one needs the speed steps set to 128
the other two are identical

trent

Ok I failed once again;)

I need to know how to properly set up my DH163 decoders

I cant find the cv settings on the digitrax page and we all know the pice of paper they give you just show basic stuff. it there a page that I can see that show specific Digitrax CVs and what settings will adjust

Assuming you are using a 4-digit address, set CV29 to 34. If the loco runs the wrong direction, set CV29 to 35. Or reverse the motor leads (orange and gray).

Here's something you won't find in the book. If your DH163 loco runs only half the speed of other locos you have, set CV9=255.

There's an interesting glitch with the 163 and 123, if you change just about any CV on the main, the loco will start moving. This usually happens if you use CV19 for advance consisting... or have an NCE system that sets CV19 as part of the consisting procedure. If you have a Digitrax system and use Universal consisting, it's not an issue.

Andy

Assuming you are using a 4-digit address, set CV29 to 34. If the loco runs the wrong direction, set CV29 to 35. Or reverse the motor leads (orange and gray).

Here's something you won't find in the book. If your DH163 loco runs only half the speed of other locos you have, set CV9=255.

Andy

Hmm thats intresting. I was speed matching my P2K GP18s. after I got the top voltages to a matched scale top speed. the diffrences in CV settings were great between each one. Also one needs an accel rate of about 8 wile the other needs a setting of around 80? coulf this CV9 setting be the cause? I wil lhave to go check my CV9 settings

Hmm thats intresting. I was speed matching my P2K GP18s. after I got the top voltages to a matched scale top speed. the diffrences in CV settings were great between each one. Also one needs an accel rate of about 8 wile the other needs a setting of around 80? coulf this CV9 setting be the cause? I wil lhave to go check my CV9 settings

If both locos are otherwise the same, but one has a 163 or 123 decoder and the other has an older Digitrax xx2 decoder, they will not match. The xx3 will run much slower unless you disable the silent mode by setting CV9=255. This will cause your xx3 to behave a lot more like an xx2... if that's what you want. The book probably contains a reference to CV9 for silent mode, but nowhere does it explain that their implementation of silent mode results in a 40% or so slowdown as compared to earlier Digitrax decoders, and most other decoders.

Andy

Back